New friends • Amazing experiments • Creative games
Super-fun snacks • Incredible music
At Rocky Railway VBS, kids discover Jesus’ power can pull them through life’s ups and downs.
Who : Enter pre-K (4 yrs old) through completion of 6th grade (2021)
When : August 2nd-6th
Time : 9:00am – 12:30pm — VBS
1:00pm – 2:30pm — Korean Culture Camp – drum & Kpop dance ($100 per child)
Where : Wilmington Community Evangelical Church – 1512 Brackenville Rd. Hockessin, DE 19707
VBS Fee : $ 20 per child (Registration open now!)
Questions?! Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Church: (302)-239-4990
时间：8/27 周五晚上 至 8/29周日中午
地点：Black Rock Retreat Center, 1345 Kirkwood Pike, Quarryville, PA 17566
英文部讲员：Thomas Wong 牧师
每月第一、第三个周三上午 9:15-11:30 聚会
每年注册费：$50 （9月至 5月）
- 完全接种疫苗的人（定义为接种第二次辉瑞或 Moderna 疫苗或接种一次强生疫苗后至少两周者），建议在室内戴口罩。
- 完全接种疫苗的人在 WCEC 室内聚会时，可以不戴口罩，但需向招待人员出示自己的疫苗接种记录卡（可以接受疫苗接种记录卡的图片或复印文件）以进行确认，只须确认一次，以后不需重复认证。
- K-3年级在地下室 #002教室
- 辨别异端 (5/30-6/20)
在教室 W103 或 Zoom ID: 707 389 816
Wilmington Community Evangelical Church
1512 Brackenville Road, Hockessin, DE 19707
Pastor of English Ministry
Nestled in a suburban community in the northern region of Delaware is an English speaking congregation within a church founded by Chinese immigrants. Over the decades, slow but steady progress grew this congregation into not just a band of middle and high schoolers but also some college students and a growing circle of adult believers and seekers. This congregation encompasses first, second, and third generation Asian immigrants as well as some non-Asian Americans. Cross-cultural couples also make up an important ministry focus.
For this reason, someone with a Chinese background, experience as a missionary in an Asian context, or in ministry in an Asian context would be beneficial. Someone with experience in a cross cultural environment may be considered.
The key responsibilities of this position involve preaching and teaching, conducting ordinances, (e.g., baptism, Holy Communion, etc.), discipleship/training lay leaders, visitation, counseling, servant leadership and extending hospitality to people.
The expectation is that the pastor should preach as well as plan and execute curriculum and events in alignment with the English Ministry mission. He should also review the ministry progress with the board and lay leaders. The pastor will need to be a team player and a communicator. It is not expected that the pastor will do everything himself, but he must be able to train and equip coworkers and delegate responsibilities. The pastor would find the time to connect with both believers and seekers outside of church activities. The pastor’s family should become an important part of this family of God. The pastor is also expected to collaborate with the youth pastor and all lay English Ministry co-workers. He is also to coordinate events with the Mandarin Ministry Pastor and the Children’s Ministry Director.
Outside of the heart of a shepherd, love of connecting with people, and love of learning, organizational skill is an important criteria in this position. It is expected that in the interview process, the prospective candidate provides a self-evaluation on his strengths and weaknesses as a pastor and as a team player.
Founded in 1981, Wilmington Community Evangelical Church (WCEC) is a bi-cultural and bilingual (Mandarin Chinese and English) church committed to building up the kingdom of God among the Chinese and friends of the Chinese in northern Delaware and the surrounding Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Average Sunday attendance prior to Covid was around 360 of which ~75 people attend the English Sunday service. A typical English Sunday service includes youth, parents of the youth, college students, young professionals, and adults. The church currently has a Mandarin Ministry Pastor, a part-time Mandarin Campus Ministry Minister, a Youth Ministry Pastor and a Children’s Ministry Director.
Average attendance at the weekly youth ministry Friday activity prior to Covid was about 50. There are some college students from the University of Delaware. The adults meet at Sunday school, at a weekly Bible study, and at a monthly Cross-Cultural Couples Fellowship. Knowledge of Mandarin Chinese is an advantage but not a necessary qualification of the candidate.
The vision of the church is “Mission and Church Planting 宣教與拓植”. Two churches have been planted: West Chester, PA [West Chester Chinese Evangelical Church 威徹斯特主恩堂] and Bear, DE [New Castle Chinese Evangelical Church 新城主恩堂] in 2000 and 2007, respectively, with steady growth witnessed in both.
The current mission statement for the English congregation: To forge a purposeful and vibrant church that bridges Asian American Christians to the local community through meaningful service and engagement. (under review)
- Evangelical faith
- Education: Master of Divinity
- Agreement with WCEC’s statement of faith
- Prior experience with Chinese culture is preferred, experience in a cross cultural environment is required
- Some experience in counseling
- Ability to train lay leaders
- Passionate about living a life of faith in Jesus Christ
- Enjoys connecting with people of all ages
- Practices hospitality frequently
- Love of learning and teaching
- Preaching and planning sermon calendar with input from EM Leadership Team
- Leading seekers to become believers
- One-on-one discipleship
- Developing lay leaders
- Provide words and acts of comfort and encouragement to individuals
- Experience in ministry to college students, post-college young adults and/or young married couples would be beneficial
- Share the pulpit responsibility.
- With key elders, deacons, and coworkers, plan and execute the ministry in accordance with the mission statement.
- Evaluate and report progress and missed opportunities.
- Affirm in others any evidence of improvement.
- Identify areas in need of change, with oneself and with others.
- Encourage, support and train coworkers. Recruit new ones.
- Know the spiritual, physical, mental, and social needs and strengths of all members and regulars.
- Define and track personal discipleship progress with all adults.
- Organize meetings with coworkers.
- Attend church-wide ministry meetings, such as monthly meetings of the church Board of Elders and Deacons, etc.
- Work with church Elders and Pastors to plan and pray for the overall vision and growth of the church and address important issues which affect the whole church
- Foster connections with the local network of pastors and churches.
- Help connect our church to the local community of churches and Christian organizations, especially when such connections add to our church’s meaningful service and engagement in the local community.
Contact Information: Please send your resume to Michael Battalora <email@example.com>.
1/23 周六，10am-12pm 在zoom上举行：302 239 4990
- 寻求大家的建议 （没有技术训练）